Immigration to Germany: more than 20 methods - ways of emigrating from other countries to Germany
In this section of our website you will learn about the many ways of emigrating from other countries to Germany, which documents give the right to permanent residence, citizenship, long-term stay in the country. Each migration opportunity is considered in detail on a dedicated page of the website.
For theresidents of the European Union there is no problem getting a permanent residence permit in Germany; all you have to do is to rent a house and find a job, but for the citizens of other countries, like CIS countries this is not possible, they have to find a suitable way to obtain a permit for a long-term stay in the country, have a stable income that allows to do without financial support on the part of the state and, finally, meet a number of conditions. Only after a long-term stay in the country they will be able to obtain a residence permit or citizenship, which give the right to permanent residence. However, for some categories of people there is a chance of quickly and legally obtaining the right to permanent residence. In this section, you will learn about 20 ways to relocate to Germany and obtain a permanent residence permit.
- Documents for a permanent residence permit in Germany
- Visas for permanent residence in Germany
- How to move to permanent residence in Germany
The residence permit of the Federal Republic of Germany is a document granting the most rights to a foreigner in the country, it gives the right to an indefinite term of residence and unlimited labour activity, employment. In this section of the website you will learn about the advantages of obtaining a German residence permit for the citizens of some other countries, in comparison with other documents that grant the right to stay in the country, as well as how to get a residence permit, what documents are required, how much it costs to obtain a residence permit, etc.
- What is a residence permit?
- How to get a residence permit in Germany
- Registration of a residence permit
- What are the advantages of obtaining a residence permit?
- Prices, cost of the residence permit
How to obtain the German citizenship for citizens of Russia, Ukraine, the EU: 7 ways to obtain the citizenship
The German legislation provides for various opportunities for foreigners to obtain or be admitted to the German citizenship. The main methods of obtaining the citizenship are by birth, as well as for foreigners living for a long time in the country, however, there are other ways. You will learn about the basic conditions for getting the citizenship for the citizens of other foreigners, as well as the procedure for registration and the cost of obtaining the citizenship in Germany. Specifically considered is the issue of renunciation, abandonment and loss, surrender of the German citizenship (denaturalization).
- The legal basis for obtaining the citizenship
- Statistics on those who obtain the citizenship in Germany by country
- Ways to obtain the German citizenship
- Citizenship test
- Conditions for obtaining the German citizenship
- Citizenship registration procedure
- Advantages of obtaining the German citizenship
- Dual citizenship in Germany
- How much does it cost to obtain the German citizenship?
- Renunciation and loss of the German citizenship
An individual page of our website is dedicated to the topic of obtaining the citizenship by children born in Germany. Here you will find out under what conditions a child born in the country can become a German citizen; the legislation/ the law applies 2 principles: the one of origin and of the birthplace. In addition, the website page says, in which case the children of foreigners born in Germany are entitled to dual citizenship.
- Citizenship by birth in Germany
- Children of foreigners and the German citizenship
- Dual citizenship of children
- Adopted children in Germany and their citizenship
Visas: types and categories of national and Schengen visas to Germany, visa-free entry into the country
A visa is a document that allows you to enter and stay in another country. Citizens of the EU countries, as well as of some other states, can stay in Germany without a visa, for others a visa is a prerequisite, a mandatory condition. Find out on this page of our website about the conditions for obtaining visas, types and categories of national and Schengen visas for Germany.
- Types and categories of visas
- Schengen visa to Germany
- No visa to Germany, visa-free entry
- Visa to Germany: registration procedure
- Documents for applying for a visa
- Prices for visas to Germany
To find and get a job in Germany, citizens of many countries have to get a work permit. Germany provides many opportunities to find and get a job for migrant workers. To do this, you have to have your foreign educational qualifications recognized and get an invitation - a guarantee for a workplace. Learn more about this process from this section of our website.
- Labour migration to Germany
- Types of work visas in Germany
- How to get an employment visa
- How to get a job in Germany
- Job search in Germany
- Obtaining a permanent residence permit by a labour migrant
A program for young people that allows them to come to Germany for 1 year and live in a German family to learn the German language and get acquainted with/ come to know the German culture. Here we describe the main conditions and requirements of this program, as well as the possibility of finding a host family.
- About the au-pair program in Germany
- Host family: conditions and requirements
- Nanny-housekeeper: conditions and requirements
- Obtaining a German au-pair visa
- Au-pair contract
- Search for an au-pair nanny
- Search for a host family
In Germany, there are various volunteer programs for both the youth/ young people and adults, lasting up to 24 months. Participation in these programs provides an opportunity to improve the knowledge of the German language, to gain interesting international experience. On this page of the website, you will find out the details and conditions of volunteer programs, as well as how to get a visa to participate in one of these programs.
- Volunteer programs in Germany
- Volunteer services
- Voluntary social (service) year
- Voluntary environmental year
- Federal volunteer service
- Volunteer camps in Germany
- Volunteer visa to Germany
Studying in Germany for foreigners: educational system, scholarships, visas, practice, search for a place of study
After finishing school and obtaining a matriculation certificate, young people have an opportunity to apply to one of the German universities or vocational schools for post-secondary education in Germany. Here you will find out what conditions for studying in Germany have to be met by foreigners, what the educational system in the country is like, how to get a visa and access to the German higher education. This section also discusses the possibilities of getting education for free/ on a free-of-charge basis and scholarships for foreign applicants.
- Education system in Germany
- How to go to study in Germany
- Obtaining a visa to study in Germany
- Tuition fees, free tuition
- Scholarships to study in Germany
- List of universities, colleges, vocational schools
- Student exchange programs
- Practical training, student internship in Germany
Marriages between citizens of different countries have become commonplace, but many issues and problems arise on the way to such a wedlock. First of all, a foreign spouse has to review/ know the German marriage law, which may differ from the one in his/ her country, and in this regard, their obligations and rights as husband or wife may appear to be different as well. Besides, they have to observe a lot of formalities and prepare all the required documents, translate and legalize validate them. Information on the said topic can be found in this section of the website. This section deals with the rights of a foreign spouse to reside in Germany and then to obtain the citizenship.
- Marriage law of Germany
- Documents for marriage registration in Germany
- Permanent residence permit, citizenship and marriage
- Fictitious marriage in Germany
Germany is a country open to foreign investors, here you can open your own business, become an entrepreneur in a free profession (freelancer), buy a company or invest in innovative projects. In this section of our website you will learn how to obtain a business visa for business immigration, emigration to Germany and obtain a residence permit, as well as what information and financial support start-ups in the country can receive.
- How to open your own business in Germany
- Business migration to Germany
- Business plan for starting a company in Germany
- Business visas for entry to Germany
- Company registration in Germany
- Support for start-ups in Germany
In this section of our website you will find information about asylum in Germany, you will learn why refugees can be granted asylum in the country, the process of getting a refugee status is considered here as well. The page provides information about the rights and obligations of refugees, links to the laws that govern the granting of asylum, as well as what happens after a positive or negative decision on the part of the state.
- Right to asylum
- Safe countries of entry and origin
- Asylum legislation
- Refugee status, refugees ways of protection
- How to get the refugee status
- Registration at a refugee center
- Camps, refugee shelters
- Application, asylum application
- Dublin Regulation
- Hearing, interview with the applicant
- Asylum decision
- Stay in Germany
- Voluntary return and deportation
- Family reunification