General information about the country, structure of Germany, lands and cities of the country, population of Germany
This section of the website contains detailed information about Germany: a general description of the country and its population, as well as the information about the administrative and territorial structure of Germany, the German federated states structure, as well as extensive information about the federated states. Several pages of this section contain the data about the cities: the population size of the cities, their area, location in the map of Germany, the population density. In addition, here you will find links to the pages of our website with the most interesting facts about Germany and the Germans, detailed up-to-date information about the country's population, its size, composition, growth; you will find the answer to the question as to how many migrants from different countries of the world reside in Germany and many other interesting facts about the country.
This page of our website contains information that will introduce you to the country of Germany and the Germans. Here you will find brief overview of the country, its geographical location, nature, climate; besides, you will learn about the German population: population size, languages, religion, authentic/ traditional food and clothing, hobbies and sports. This article also covers interesting facts, for example: what factors have made the German economy so strong; why Germany is called a social welfare state; whether the Germans believe in God; what the most popular sport in the country is, and much more.
- Brief information about Germany
- Geographical position of Germany
- Nature of Germany: flora and fauna
- Climate, weather in Germany
- Map of Germany: federated states, cities, neighboring countries
- German economy, major industries
- Political structure of Germany
- Social welfare state of Germany: regime, form of government
- Population of Germany
- Languages and dialects in Germany
- Religions of Germany
- Traditional food, drinks in Germany
- Traditional German clothing
- Famous people of Germany
- Sports and entertainment in Germany
On this page of our website you will find information about the administrative and territorial structure, the form of state structure, you will learn how many federated states, administrative districts, rural districts, and municipalities there are in Germany, find the lists of districts and the scheme of administrative and territorial structure with levels and units of administrative geography.
- Form of administrative and territorial structure of Germany
- Levels and units in the administrative structure of the country
- Statistics, data on the administrative and territorial structure
- List of administrative districts in the federated states of Germany
- Rural districts or counties of Germany
- Municipalities and local government associations in Germany
All national symbols of Germany: flag, anthem, coat of arms, colours, cities, orders/ decorations, holidays, ceremonies
In this article you will find photographs and descriptions of various national symbols of Germany. Besides the official and well-known political symbols: flag, anthem and coat of arms, the article describes the national colours, cities, orders/ decorations, holidays, ceremonies and other symbols of the country.
- Flags and coats of arms of Germany
- National anthem of Germany
- National colours of Germany
- Orders and awards in Germany
- Cities as national symbols of Germany
- Buildings as national symbols of Germany
- Mottos as national symbols of Germany
- National holidays in Germany
- Animals as national symbols of Germany
- Other symbols of Germany
Here you will find detailed information about the federated states, find out why the regions of Germany are called lands (in German: Länder), how many lands (federated states) there are in the country, which federated states are the largest and the smallest, densely populated and sparsely populated, which of them belong to the eastern part of the country and which - to the western one. In addition, the page contains a map of the federated states of Germany with their capitals, a list of the federated states of Germany and the capitals of the federated states in both English and German, as well as other analytical data. In this section you will also find extensive information as to each federated state.
- Federated states (Länder) of Germany
- List of the German federated states in English and German
- The capital cities of the German federated states
- Map of the federated states and their capitals
- Federated states of West Germany
- Federated states of East Germany
- Area of the federated states of Germany
- Population size by federated state of Germany
This section of the website contains detailed information about the political order of Germany, the structure of the country’s government, as well as the lists of political parties and federal agencies in English / Polish and German. A dedicated page describes the way the political elections in Germany are held: who elects whom and how. A lot of information is presented in diagrams and tables for a more understandable and clearer insight. Besides, it may be of interest to get an idea about the domestic and foreign policy of the coalition agreement country.
- Brief overview of the political structure of Germany
- German political order
- Political order of the federated states of Germany
- Elections in Germany: diagram
- Political symbols of the Federal Republic of Germany
- Political parties in Germany
- German Federal Ministries
- German domestic policy
- German foreign policy
- Country budget
- Military-political blocs
as well as detailed information offered on dedicated pages:
- German authorities, power structure
- Elections of the President, Chancellor, deputies to the German Parliament
- Political parties in Germany, in the Bundestag, the ruling parties in Germany
Here you will find the figures and facts about the state budget of the country, changes in the amount of the federal budget by year, as well as the information on the structure and major items of the country’s financial plan. Besides, several pages of the website provide detailed information about the expenditures of Germany on health care, social needs, and other types of expenses.
In the climate and weather section of our site, you will find out which climatic zone or climate belt the country belongs to, what some of the climate features are, as well as how Germany is affected by climate change that is currently occurring around the world. In addition, the site section contains information about average air temperatures, precipitation/ rainfall and sunny days or hours in Germany by month, year, and also by federated state or region.
- German climate characteristics, peculiar features
- Climate belt and climatic zones of Germany
- Climatic map of Germany
- Climate change in Germany
For more information about average annual temperatures, the number of sunny days and the amount of precipitation, see dedicated pages of our website:
- Average air temperature in Germany
- Temperature in Germany in winter
- Temperature in Germany in summer
- Temperature in Germany in autumn
- Temperature in Germany in spring
- Rainfall/Precipitation in Germany, annual average by year
- Number of sunny days in Germany
Here you will find information about all major cities in Germany, find out which city is the largest in the country, as well as what metropolitan areas and metropolitan cities are located in the country. The page contains a list of all million-plus cities, as well as lists of large cities by population and occupied area.
- What is the largest city in Germany?
- All metropolitan cities of Germany
- All metropolitan areas in Germany
- Million-plus cities in Germany
- List of Germany's largest cities by population
- List of Germany's large cities by occupied area
This page provides a list of all German cities ordered alphabetically in English / Polish and German, indicating the size of the city and the part of the country to which it belongs. Here you can find information about the total number of cities and other localities in Germany, as well as the distribution of cities in the western and eastern parts of the country.
- How many cities are there in Germany?
- Cities of West Germany
- Cities of East Germany
- List of cities in Germany ordered alphabetically
If you want to find a city in Germany by the letters you know in the name of the city, which is often necessary when solving a crossword puzzle or an arroword, you can use our city search service and also browse the lists of popular cities whose names consist of 3 letters, 4 letters, 5 letters, 6 letters, 7 letters, 8 letters, 9 letters, 10 letters, 11 letters, 12 letters and so on.
- Find the city of Germany by letters
- German city, 3 letters
- German city, 4 letters
- German city, 5 letters
- German city, 6 letters
- German city, 7 letters
- German city, 8 letters
- German city, 9 letters
- German city, 10 letters
- German city, 11 letters
- German city, 12 letters